Solutions for Consumer Electronics
- System Synthesis
- Processor Synthesis
- Virtual Platform
- Processor Verfication
- Designing a CE device requires an application driven system level approach, to realize an SoC that delivers the desired functionality using the most optimal hardware and software design resulting in higher yields, low power consumption and reduced time to market.
- In addition, to cater to different market segments, the ability to quickly put together devices by mixing and matching various hardware and software components requires a model driven approach.
- Customers benefit from the use of Teraptor Designer for modeling processor architectures using SMDL, system architectures using SSDL and peripheral models using C++.
- Teraptor Player is used to create virtual platforms capable of running system and application software. These virtual platforms are used for software development, porting, debugging, profiling and performance analysis.
- Teraptor Model Space Explorer is used for automating synthesis of verification test suites from SMDL processor models.
- Teraptor VHLS Engine is used for synthesizing RTL from architectural models (SSDL and SMDL).
- Use Teraptor for designing SoCs for following Consumer Electronics Products:
SANKHYA Consulting offers services for building synthesis platforms using the VHLS engine for specific customer projects.
- Audio/Video Players
- Digital Cameras
- Digital Video Recorders (DVRs)
- Global Positioning Systems (GPS)
- Mobile Phones
- Smart Televisions
- Personal Computers
- Consumer electronics is a global industry that caters to the information needs of the consumer in the areas of mobility and travel, connectivity, communication, entertainment, media, work and education.
- Functionality of a consumer electronic device is mainly determined by specific market requirements and realized through a combination of hardware and software.
- The brain of most of these devices is a VLSI chip, generally referred to as "SoC" or System on Chip. SoCs have embedded inside them one or more Central Processing Units (CPUs), Graphical Processing Units (GPUs), Digital Signal Processors (DSP), several peripherals such as communications (GSM, LTE, CDMA), data networking (WiFi, Blue Tooth) and near field communication devices (for mobile e-wallet applications).
- Consumer Electronic market is characterized by frequent changes in market requirements, intense competition amongst the various players, need for delivering more functionality at a lower cost, the need to design a device that can run longer on battery without a recharge and the ability to modify the design to cater to the diverse needs of different market segments around the globe.